Monday 4 March 2013

Cat Mountain Residence







The cat mountain residence is the perfect balance of contemporary and antique. The exposed beams that run throughout the living space give the home a lot of character. The blend of this original element with sleek contemporary furnishings gives a unique look to the home. The pairing of the modern barcelona chairs with the more rustic elements such as the fireplace works well. Even though the chairs are modern and the fireplace is rustic, the two together create an interesting contemporary look. The neutral tones also help to bring the space together. The large window in the living space allows for a lot of natural light. The stone fireplace is a major focus of the room and provides warmth to the space. I love the sense of flow throughout this home. The neutral tones used throughout the space blends the main floor together. Teal blue is used as a slight accent colour to provide interest and tie all of the spaces together. The warm beige tones used throughout the home give a strong feeling of comfort. I would definitely feel at home in this cozy environment! 

I find this space very appealing because of its blend of styles. I would love to blend modern with rustic elements to create a contemporary space in some of my own designs. I am also very drawn to neutral palettes. The colours used in this space create a warm and cozy feeling. I love how well the accents of blue are incorporated into the design. When planning out my own spaces, I sometimes forget about the interior accessories and how they can play an important role in the design of the space. The blues are incorporated beautifully in accessories such as toss cushions and glassware. Hopefully someday I can design spaces as beautiful as this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment